Monday, June 6, 2011

Funny Thing...

So I was going through my first blog, because I had reiterated to someone that I kept to my resolutions and that's why I didn't fight to stay in my relationship.

It's so funny...I swore I wasn't going to take down those walls, but someone had to sweet-talk me enough.  Goddammit.

I did eliminate the toxic people from my life.  Did a pretty damned good job too.  Sure, they still might talk shit about me and make up rumors but do I care?  Nope.  I just might turn around and make up more interesting ones, since the ones they seem to come up with are so bloody pedestrian.
I did stop being nice to everyone...only my close friends get my sweet self.  I certainly don't mince words (though that got me in trouble a few times at work),  Being walked on/used?  I did make a lot of sacrifices in that relationship...a few he learned about, still more he has no clue...but it doesn't matter now.  Hitting the gym...haha between work, class, and clinicals, I don't think I've gone to the gym once this past semester.  That changes tonight though.  Living for myself and no one else?  Goddamn relationships...making changes, sacrifices, etc.  Oh well.  I do have some planned days off, and a ticket to the NHRA drags in Bristol Father's Day weekend I need to sell...($300 if anyone is interested, starting line seats, small meals and non-alcoholic drinks included...*plus a private tour of the NASCAR track in Bristol when it is closed, and if my dad's buddy is working, an opportunity to drive on the track...that was the surprise part of his birthday present).
As for the last resolution?  I think I've kept to that pretty well.  Given the events of the last week, I say that is the one I've really stuck to my guns on...

Next on the agenda?  Work this week.  Still trying to finalize weekend plans...we're doing a live burn on Sunday.  Might do that.  Depends on if my idea for my weekend plans goes through or not.  Still waiting on a text message...if it comes, great.  If not, whatever.  I might just go home this weekend.  Hit up Gold Mine with my brothers...
Speaking of going out...just had a brief exchange with a friend...one thing I was slightly concerned about was losing all the cool people I had met in that relationship.  If ya'll ever want to hang out still, feel free to hit me up.  It does suck when stuff like that goes down.

Anyways...on to bigger and better things.  Damn...two updates in two days...don't get used to it.

And I'm doing OK...still burning and bitter on the inside, but we all know where the blame lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment