Thursday, December 29, 2011

Fun Times...

Saw Jeff Dunham with my parents last night...hilarious!  I swear I was laughing so hard I was crying.  It was great.  I'm definitely going to have to get the DVD of that tour.

Slept in at the station last Thursday and this past Tuesday.  Also rode for a few hours Monday night, four calls total, no transports...it's ridiculous.  I can't wait til I finish this class and become a cleared ALS provider, so I can actually do something other than take vitals.  Had another crew come over and hang out with us Wednesday morning while we were bored at the station.  Ever since I moved out of the firehouse, I don't sleep there.  I just stay up and do homework.  So this crew came over...lots of laughs, lots of great times.  Funny thing is I'm usually going over to their station and hanging out there on my way home.

 I ended up having to work Wednesday morning at 0930.  So I was up for over 40 hours straight.  I was going to unattend the ambo at 0500 so I could go home, get a shower and get ready for work, but this is what we got dispatched for at 0459 on the BW Parkway:




So, needless to say, I didn't go home until 0630 after finishing my report and taking care of things there.  I'm spending a lot more time there lately.  I won't be captain next year, so that's exciting news!  Less responsibility there and more time to dedicate to my studies?  Heck yeah!  Plus maybe I can regain a social life, since it has been ruined by paramedic school, obligations, and that jerk.

Life?  Loving it.  My brother has about 75 days til he comes home from overseas!  My cousin is getting married in June...have to miss the rave but I get to see my family and spend a few days out there with them.  Not going to pass this up.  The rave will be there next year.

The sad thing is that my work schedule is about to suck terribly.  One of the fast track techs is out, so the other tech and I have to rearrange our schedules and split shifts to get it all covered.  There are also two techs out in the main ED, and with us coming into what in that past has been our busy season, saying it's going to be rough is probably an understatement.  The good thing is we have a great team and we have worked through worse.  We'll be fine...would just be nice if everyone would go and get their flu shots...thanks.

Life...fantastic.  Love taking each day as it comes...life is fun when it's so unpredictable.  I'm actually ok with that...believe it or not.  I get to spend time with my friend whenever we can...even if it is getting an upgrade. :)

Now, off to breakfast with my parents.  More to come before the new year.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steph
    Im Trish
    Seeing all those accidents and stuff much really appreciate each day your given and Im glad there are folks like you willing to volunteer your time answering others call for help
    God Bless you!
    I welcome you to check out my blog!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Trish! I've learned that, along with many other things in doing this...you do appreciate each day you are given and take nothing for granted. I love what I do :) and I will check out your blog as well! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete